Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fifi and Delphi

I'm not sure how I ended up on the Wee Wonderfuls site, but as soon as I did I ordered the book. I mean, how cute are those dolls? Given my beginning sewing skills, I picked the doll I thought looked like the most straight-forward to make. So I chose the little one, who Bun named Fifi, below.


 The instructions were very easy to follow, and I really love how the book was photographed. (Jen Gotch is so good!) But my favorite part about the book, and the reason I go back to it again and again for ideas is that there is so much variety. Each doll is made with different construction techniques, which once you learn, you can apply them in any number of ways. (Like the little buns on Fifi that I put on Gigi.)

I also made the little mermaid from the book. I used a pair of Bun's outgrown corduroy pants to make her bright red hair, and picked a fabric that looked like a rippling ocean for her fin. We'd been reading this book a lot while I made her, so her name - Delphi!



So glad I found this book. So much inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...